Why doesn't this work?

Nov 11, 2009 at 3:33 PM

ok, I'm a little frustrated, can someone help?  I did a small test project based on the quick start guide with slide.show 2 and it worked fine.  I'm now trying to get it to work in my website and it isn't.  I think I have everything done the same as the sample, so why isn't it working?

My object block is:

<object type="application/x-silverlight-2" data="data:application/x-silverlight-2," width="640" height="480"> <param name="background" value="black" />

<param name="source" value="Vertigo.SlideShow.xap" />

<param name="initParms" value="ConfigurationProvider=LightTheme,DataProvider=XmlDataProvider;Path=DataCOYCanopy.xml" />

</object>

The DataCOYCanopy.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<data transition="CrossFadeTransition">

<album title="Album Title #1" description="Album Desc #1" source="Images/Album1.jpg">

<slide Title="Slide Title #1" description="Slide Description #1" source="Images/Slide1.jpg" thumbnail="Images/Thumbnail1.jpg" />

<slide Title="Slide Title #2" description="Slide Description #2" source="Images/Slide2.jpg" thumbnail="Images/Thumbnail2.jpg" />

</album>

</data>

The Vertigo.SlideShow.xap is in the root directory of the site as is the DataCOYCanopy.xml file.  All of the images are in a folder called "Images" placed at the root directory.  The aspx page file that this is placed on is also in the root directory...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Keep in mind I'm a beginner at this...

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:19 PM
Edited Nov 11, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Ok, I figured part of it out.  I had a misspelling in one of the names of the thumbnail images and that seems to have been throwing it off and I also renamed the xml file to Data.xml just like the example.  However, I have encountered another problem. 

It seems that if I move the Data.xml file to any location other than the root directory or rename it to anything else it does not function.  I've changed the XmlDataProvider path to match the new location, and I've gone back into the xml and made the image paths site root paths (I've tried "/" and "~/") but it does not work. 

Also while it was still at the site root I changed it to Data2.xml and changed the XmlDataProvider path to match.  This also caused it to not work.

I need to have several of these slide shows on my site, so I can't have just one file I don't think.  Can someone tell me how I get multiple different slideshows on the same site (but different pages)?

Thanks,

Steve