This project is read-only.

Simple Template

Sep 3, 2009 at 9:56 PM
Edited Sep 5, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Okay,

10 minutes after i send this mail, I had the slideshow running.

For others, run the slideshow from your webspace, not from your pc.

To all,

TOO MUCH! Too much samples, too much codes, too much options, simply too much for 99% of internet users and website builders!

I have downloaded al the source codes with samples, and so on. I am amazed that there are people who can create a slideshow within 10 minutes, or even 30 minutes. I have build several websites and slideshows (with Flash Slideshow Maker Pro), and I know more about the web then anyone else I know. But still, after more then ten hours, I still don't have a Silverlight Slideshow running. Just because there are too much options, and too much samples (that don't work when you un-zip them (!?)). Too much documentation, and too much other files within the source code.

If you realy want to compeed with Flash on the internet, then there are a couple of things that you should do:

1) create a couple of full working web album templates, and make every template downloadble seperately as a .zip file.

2) make sure that they can handle .gif, .jpeg, .png, and .swf images.

3) create Image folders within the templates were people can upload there own images easily.

4) create a .xml data file where people can sort the way pictures will be shown.

5) create a simple and adjustable line for timermode / picture within the .xml file.

6) create a simple and adjustable line for transition effect / picture within the .xml file.

7) used pictures should be pre-loading.

Only when you create such userfriendly templates, you really can compeed with Flash on the internet!

Because 99% of the amateur website builders don't care about all the options you give, they just need a nice looking template to show there pictures. They don't build a website to learn to build a Silverlight slideshow, they build a website to show there pictures. That's the only thing that they want.

And with what I have seen from Silverlight Slideshows, it is really great!

Hope I don't have upset you all too much with my positivly meant comments. And I hope that there will be a couple of nice looking full working templates the next time i visit your site.

Regards,

EGH