This project is read-only.

Just a Blank Rectangle

Aug 23, 2009 at 9:22 PM

This control seems to be outstanding... Howver, I cannot make it work and I tried now for hours.

I am using it locally with Expression Web. and just did what is written in the QuickStart Guide (to start with). The page looks like:

<html> 
  <head> 
<title>Slide.Show 2 Quick Start Example</title> 
</head> 
 <body>
  <object type="application/x-silverlight-2" 
  data="data:application/x-silverlight-2," 
  width="1024" height="768"> 
  <param name="background" value="black" /> 
  <param name="source" value="Vertigo.SlideShow.xap" /> 
        <param name="initParams" value="DataProvider=XmlDataProvider;Path=Data.xml" /> 
  </object> 
 </body> 
</html>
in the same directory, I have the Vertigo.SlideShow.xap file and the Data.xml file, which is generated by the SlideShow Generator. It looks like
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
- <data startalbumindex="0" transition="CrossFadeTransition">
- <album title="Gallery 1" description="(Please Fill In)" image="Images/Gallery 1/DSC_0003_t.jpg">
  <slide title="" description="- Taken: 22.08.2009" image="Images/Gallery 1/DSC_0003_s.jpg" thumbnail="Images/Gallery 1/DSC_0003_t.jpg" datetaken="22.08.2009" /> 
  </album>
- <album title="Gallery 2" description="(Please Fill In)" image="Images/Gallery 2/DSC_0007_t.jpg">
  <slide title="" description="- Taken: 22.08.2009" image="Images/Gallery 2/DSC_0007_s.jpg" thumbnail="Images/Gallery 2/DSC_0007_t.jpg" datetaken="22.08.2009" /> 
  <slide title="" description="- Taken: 22.08.2009" image="Images/Gallery 2/DSC_0012_s.jpg" thumbnail="Images/Gallery 2/DSC_0012_t.jpg" datetaken="22.08.2009" /> 
  </album>
  </data>
The files are where they have to be but the slideshow is just a black rectangle :(
What can I do?
Thank you It is kind of hard to debug
Roger
Aug 23, 2009 at 11:52 PM

In you data.xml file, you need to change your "image" attrbute to "source".  Slide.Show 2 expects a "source" attribute and will ignore your "image" attribute.

See the Memorabilia and XMLConfiguration examples in the Samples project included with the source code.

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hi,

sorry, this was very, very stupid but nevertheless thank you - however, I am still stuck at the same point. I now installed IIS on my Win 7 box and copied all the samples in a Virtual Directory. I can see the sample default page, but still the Slideshow (just the examples) show the same effect. I do not get it. The MIME types are configured by default. and searching through the discussions here, this seems to be the usual problem if things do not work.

What else am I doing wrong?

Sorry if I am asking stupid questions here but it drives me crazy :(

Roger

Aug 24, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I do not know where the real problems were but it works now. Thank you

Roger