This project is read-only.

I see always a black slide show!!

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Hello,

I am really despaired, because I tried to run the slide.show 2 in 2 different approaches, but I always see a black rectangle:

System: WinXP SP3, IE8, Silverlight 3 installed.

Download: "Slide.Show 2 Release 2.1.0.0 (Silverlight 3).zip", "Slide.Show 2 Source 2.1.0.0 (Silverlight 3).zip"

I am working locally on my PC without Internet.

1. I tried it from scratch following the description "Slide.Show 2 Quick Start Guide.pdf" step by step. I copied file "Vertigo.SlideShow.xap" to the same directory of the file "default.html".  It does not work!

2. I tried to run the "Simple" example. Before I adapted the path of the file "Vertigo.SlideShow.xap" from value="../ClientBin/Vertigo.SlideShow.xap" to value="Vertigo.SlideShow.xap" and copied the file "Vertigo.SlideShow.xap" in also to the same directory of the file "default.html". It does not work!

What do I make wrong? Do I need the IIS when I am working locally?

Thanks a lot in advance for advice....

stberger 

Jul 26, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Hello again,

I found out, working lcoally is the problem! When I copy the samples to my provider server and call it over the Internet it works fine.

What do I have to do that the slideshow works locally (no Internet connection) in my browser?

Thanks

stberger 

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Were you able to find out how to run it locally?

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Hi,

I had this problem, then I tried debugging the page rather than just browsing it. It worked, and after that it worked when browsing. Weird!

Regards,

Fergus