This project is read-only.

basic help

Feb 1, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Hi, I need some basic help.

I would like to set up a gallery which is generated from a MSSQL database containing informaiton about all the images. My knowledge about this is very poor, so I would like a step by step guide. Some questions I have

1. To get the Slide.Show 1 to work, I had a some silverlight.js files, where should I get them for this relese?
2. Exactly what files are needed?
3. How do I conect this via ASP.NET to MSSQL to make it dynamic?

Thanks a lot!
Feb 2, 2009 at 3:48 AM
I have done this for a Content Management System I am building.  I have provided a download at My Blog.
Feb 5, 2009 at 5:09 AM
I have since upgraded my class for some more advanced functionality.  You can view the "enhancements" here
http://www.dotnetblogger.com/post/2009/02/04/SlideShow2-Database-Config-(Singleton).aspx

note: I have had to modify the Vertigo.SlideShow.xap in order to accommodate the changes.  It can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
Feb 5, 2009 at 7:17 AM
thanks, I will ckeck this!!
Feb 5, 2009 at 9:14 AM
I'm still trying to get my Slide.Show 2 to STREAM video's... with no luck...

I'm able to grab Images and Video's from my database... which all works brilliantly...

The problem with the video's though is that they download 100% before being displayed... I was assuming that they would buffer a bit and then download while playing (streaming) but that isn't happening... any idea how to do THAT?

And, how do you go about "Modifying" the .xap file?

Thanks

Gayo

Feb 5, 2009 at 3:00 PM
I have no idea about the video since I personally have no use for it (yet).  as for edding the .xap file, all you do is download the source, make the appropriate changes, and then rebuild it.