SlideShow with other Silverlight controls

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM
I am developing a site in silverlight and I want to place the SlideShow  control on the site.  Unfortunately any time I try to use the style positioning with the SlideShow and another silverlight control on the same ASPX page I am unable to positon the  controls as i would like them. Namelly, I would like to place the Slide show on top of the other control. This is just not working.
Anyone have any experience with this.  I was thinking that I could create a silverlight control containing the SlideShow2 Control and then use this within my SilverLight Application and then postion the control using XAML\C#.   Does this work.  has anyone out there tried this.

Charles.
Feb 3, 2009 at 11:03 PM
I have not tried to embed the silverlight app within another silverlight app, although that does look like a standard function.

I do on the other hand have an aspx page with mixed content included the slide.show along side 4 other silverlight mini apps. Two of which are visually overlapped via the use of <div> based layering and css positioning with margins and relative positions. You will want to make sure to set the background of the app on top to "transparent" while in Blend or VS as applicable to your scenario.