Always getting blank screen with Vertigo.SlideShow.xap

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:19 AM
Hi,

I have downloaded  SlideShow2_Release_2.0.0.0.zip and created XML's as mentioned in Guide.

I have the following file in SlideShow directory.

data.xml
default.html
DSC07935.JPG
DSC07976.JPG
DSC07984.JPG
Vertigo.SlideShow.xap

I have also experimented with Configuration.xml, but it too didn't work. same result. So thought to check this out firest before going to Configuration.xml.

I have the following mime types configured:
.xap - application/x-silverlight-app
.xaml - application/xaml+xml

Could you please tell me where I am making mistake?

*****************************************************************************************************************************
 default.html
*****************************************************************************************************************************
<html>
<head>
<title>Welcome to Denduluri Photo Album</title>
</head>
<body>

<object type="application/x-silverlight-2" data="data:application/x-silverlight-2," width="1024" height="768">
 <param name="background" value="black" />
 <param name="source" value="Vertigo.SlideShow.xap" />
 <param name="initParams" value="ConfigurationProvider=LightTheme,DataProvider=XmlDataProvider;Path=Data.xml"/>
</object>

</body>

</html>

data.xml
<data transition="CrossFadeTransition">
  <album title="Photos" description="Baby Photos">
    <slide title="Photo1" description="Photo1" source="DSC07935.JPG" />
    <slide title="Photo2" description="Photo2" source="DSC07976.JPG" />
    <slide title="Photo3" description="Photo3" source="DSC07984.JPG" />
  </album>
</data>

Thanks & Regards,
Vamsi.
Jan 11, 2009 at 3:38 AM
Hello,

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the exact same issue.  I have placed all files in the root directory and verified the mime types. Everything works as expected in the IDE. I have published to my local pc (Vista, IIS7) and all is good, however when i publish to my virtual server (2003, IIS6) the application loads but no images are displayed only a blank screen in the navigation tray I see that the slides are progressing, but no images are displayed?

Thanks
Jeremy
Jan 12, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Hello All,

I was able to resolve my issue. My production server, which is a Virtual Dedicated Server via GoDaddy.com had hotlink protection service running on it. This service would not allow Sliverlight to download the images. Once I turn this feature off, everything worked as expected. However, I would like to be able to utilize the hotlink protection feature and somehow give access to Silverlight to get the images. As far as I know you can only give access to specific IP's and or domains and not specific applications. Obviously this is an issue with the Hotlink Protection service and not the Slideshow.

Thanks