This project is read-only.

Build problem

Nov 9, 2008 at 6:57 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to implement the changes to create the Starting with Album View option and I'm getting build problems. I'm using the Source Code version 2.0.0.0 and I'm just doing a straight build first with no changes. 

Here's the error I get in the ModalDialog.cs file on line 912: TextBoxElement.SelectAll();

Error 2 'System.Windows.Controls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'SelectAll' and no extension method 'SelectAll' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Windows.Controls.TextBox' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 

Has anyone else had this problem?

thanks,
-Trish
Nov 9, 2008 at 7:12 PM
Hi Trish,
I ran into that exact same error as well. It means you have a beta version of the Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio project installed, and need to update to the final RTW version. In my case I had Beta 2, and it looks like the SelectAll() method was added after that.

I uninstalled the beta 2 version, which went cleanly. Then downloaded and installed the latest version published on 10/30/2008:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=c22d6a7b-546f-4407-8ef6-d60c8ee221ed&displaylang=en

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:33 AM
Thanks Kevin. That did it!