.Show and tell: How are you using Slide.Show 2?

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2008 at 11:30 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2008 at 11:30 PM
Please let us know how, why, and where you are using Slide.Show 2. We'd love to collect links and screenshots, as well as your suggestions and feedback.
Oct 26, 2008 at 12:14 PM
I use it with GalleryServerPro on my site. 
Just spent a day creating an ashx handler to generate XML data for the Slide.Show.
Dec 21, 2008 at 2:05 PM
I am developing a custom provider and supporting code which enables me to create a new album simply by copying a folder with images to a configured "gallery root".  For a data layer, I store the image meta data in the image file EXIF properties.  Specifically, I have custom "Slide" class, which I serialize to an xml string and store in the EXIF Description property.  I use an "Album" class in a simlar fashion, to generate an "album.xml" file, one of which sits within each Album directory in a gallery.  I have a web service layer, which sits in front of this, which is called through WCF from my new "WebServiceDataProvider", added to the SlideShow assembly.  The web service layer recognizes when album or slide changes have been made and automatically generate/regenerate the image meta data and album xml.  I solved the problem whereby SliverLight cannot provide credentials for ASP.Net web services using Basic Authentication by creating a proxy web service, which accept user credentials in the web service operation call arguments.

Still working out some kinks with deployment from dev to production environment, but it's starting to come together. 
Dec 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2008 at 8:15 PM
I'm using SlideShow 2 on our web site.  It is used as a gallery for my son's engagement site.